Tuesday, September 24, 2013

While the people in charge of measuring things up here assert that there has not been a measurable snowfall yet, Henry knows they are bald faced liars. I pedaled off to work at 6:30 am in the 33 degree sleet wondering if we would make that little turn towards snow. I assumed not given that the temperatures would only rise from that moment on.

IMG_3099 (Large)

I was very wrong. My ride to work was in the sleet, but soon after settling into my cubicle I noticed the snow beginning outside. Becky followed quickly with a text and a snapshot of the snow accumulating on our garage. Henry was pumped and soon had his barn jacket on for a short survey mission (his hat and gloves were buried away).

It would all melt by the afternoon, but the message was clear -- party is over. It's Alaska and even if the leaves are still tenuously hanging on those limbs, it will snow if it feels like it. It wouldn't be the first winter that found our leaves accumulating on a 4 inch base of snow.

IMG_3095 (Large)

MonkeyBear lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment