Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Turnagain Terror

The slowest Spring in recent memory drips along at a glacial pace. Some days we hit 40, some days we settle for 35 with sunshine, and the state has extended the studded tire removal deadline for the second time. Summer will come, and I hope it decides to burn a little brighter when it arrives. We're ready.

Temperature notwithstanding, the roads are dry and the bike racing season is marching forward. In anticipation of a 200 mile ride in July I've penciled in a few races to tune up my legs. On Sunday I did my best in a time trial down the Turnagain Arm -- 20 miles of feeling the wind at my back, side, and face. Chills aside, it was a fun time (as is any day on a bike) and happily Becky and Henry picked me up at the finish line to spare me the pedal back to my truck. We paused for some pictures of the blue sky and snow capped mountains and found that Henry was having none of it. Between the wind and the chill, he ceased to be a happy camper.

IMG_1050 (Large)

Mega Blocks are the name of the game around here. The goal is to build and build until the spirit moves Henry to smash the created structure. The spirit moves him fairly often, though he quickly switches back to building mode. When he gets a little older, Legos are going to be a hit.

IMG_0995 (Large)

No comments:

Post a Comment